Sunday, October 31, 2010

Venus Retrograde in Scorpio

Today I feel motivated to write about Venus retrograde in Scorpio, even though the transit began back on October 8th. Almost everywhere I go I meet or know people who are having deep relational issues. The backward movement of Venus in the deep penetrating sign of Scorpio is forcing repressed, unconscious areas of our lives to bubble to the surface and even boil-over. For some of us, uncomfortable and painful conversations and choices are being made, while others are appreciating the healing balm Venus Scorpio brings, reaping the rewards for being in holistic relationship with ourselves. In the long run the choices made now will benefit all involved, but initially we are pushed beyond our normal limits, especially if we are not used to addressing our psychological soul selves.

I am loving the depth and solidity retrograde Venus in Scorpio offers. Scorpio represents many things: the unconscious, deep feelings, passion, power, feminine, healing, our psychology, our resistance to grow/change, our intensity, and our money. Venus, she's all about what we value, our relationships, our personal belongings, our sense of balance, beauty, security. The shadow of Scorpio: obsession, dark, sinister, evil. What remains in the unconscious can express in the shadow if not transformed and brought into the light. That is why Scorpio deals with the underworld, transformation, death, rebirth and is represented by the Phoenix or the Eagle. Shadow Venus expressions are codependency, attachment, stubbornness, emotional extremes, mental imbalances.


During this retrograde time we are re-accessing what we personally and collectively value, what is most important to us, and how to stabilize those values in our lives and our relationships, as well as our shadow issues.

To understand how Venus in Scorpio retrograde is impacting us personally, it is important to know where Scorpio is in your natal chart and how it is aspected. I have Scorpio in the 5th house (Leo's domain) of creativity, children, romance, play. The only planet I have in Scorpio is Neptune, which squares my Leo Sun and trines my natal Saturn. Additionally, I have three planets progressed in Scorpio; Venus 12, Neptune 18, and Mars 27. So in essence I have four planets in Scorpio in the 5th, along with Mars in Libra. Venus stationed retrograde at 13 degrees Scorpio, so the only planets being activated in my chart by Venus retro is my progressed Venus at 12--lucky for me!

I have Venus conjunct Pluto natally, so living from psychological soul depth is natural for me, although not a given. I certainly have to chose to be conscious and work for it (Virgo).

On a larger collective scale, this station retrograde of Venus in Scorpio, symbolizes the fourth station of Venus in her 8 year cycle through the sky in the formation of the five-pointed Star of Life--the pentagram/pentacle. Her next stop will be Gemini in June of 2012. I have written about this extensively in other posts...

For the most part I have been experiencing an abundance of referrals (Venus trining my natal Saturn and my ascendant) producing a constant flow of income and exposure. I also posted all of the deep healing poetry (very Virgo Scorpio) I have written over the last twenty years on a private blog and had an editor look at it. She loved it! The next step is to gather all my materials and send her the manuscripts of the three books I've written to determine what and how to coordinate their publication. Wowie!

In addition, I have been acting as intermediary and counselor for family members and others who are going through deep crisis. It's been quite intense. Needless to say, my heart chakra has been a bit challenged and in need of support and rebalancing.

How is Venus in Scorpio showing up for you?

Blessed Be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is great Wendy
i love what you say about Scorpio and healing.. this is my experience.

i am in love, and we are now in the Venus in Libra retrograde process of negotiating our relationship. there are some intense issues to discuss, especially my health.

i feel it is a earned reward for very hard work....Capricorn)and making a clear commitment to what i want.

i would love to see your poems.....that is so fantastic....

joy and radiance
Nura

Venus Oracles said...

Thanks Anonymous! Congratulations. I agree with what you said about a reward, you certainly are a miracle.

My guess for all of us is to trust the Goddess completely, and to trust our essential goodness and wholeness, especially when we are working consciously with our deepest stuff.

Much love,
Wendy