Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mercury Retrogrades

Mercury is now in retrograde motion at 6 degrees of Libra and will continue to move backward in the sky over the next three weeks until it reaches 21 degrees of Virgo on September 28th.

As Mercury sojourns backwards through Libra, it squares Mars in Cancer, thus it is a good time to check in with ourselves about balance in our actions with family, our own self-care and nurturing, as well communicating with a Venusian perspective in mind, such as with grace, beauty, mindfulness.

During this time, we can ask ourselves a few questions: Am I in balance in my relationship to myself? Am I spending quality time with myself so I am truly available for interdependent relationships and relating, or am I acting from codependency? Am I angry about anything? Am I allowing myself to express it? If not, now is a great time to reassess the equilibrium of our inner and outer relationships. Where are we overly concerned in others affairs? What areas of our lives do we need to create more beauty in?

By September 18th, Mercury gains in aspect to the New Moon where he joins a few other friends too. Namely, Mercury conjuncts Saturn, the Sun, and the Moon in Virgo and squares Pluto in Capricorn in opposition to Uranus in Pisces. This new moon is really powerful!

All those with early degree Cardinal planets and placements (Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn) and late degree Mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagitarrius, Pisces) will feel this retrograde time and the upcoming New Moon the most.

The Health Care Reform issue will be at the forefront of the news. Virgo is the health sign and with the sun, moon, Saturn and Mercury all in Virgo significant changes are bound to come forth. Virgo is also the sign of service, healing, and devotion. So, personally, we can ask ourselves: How and where am I of dedicated service in the world? Where have I been underestimated or devaluing my greatest gifts? Where do I need to focus my life force, my emotions?

Mercury also reaches a trine aspect with the Node Node in Capricorn just before the new moon and all throughout the retrograde and direct period. This heralds a time of significant structural reform within ourselves and the collective.

On September 29th Mercury moves direct again and passes over the degrees it is now retrograding through. Thus, whatever we feed during this retrograde time is what we will be harvesting when Hermes goes direct.

Enjoy the rest, relaxation, and renewal!

No comments: