Saturday, January 1, 2011

Eclipsed

During Christmas several of my family members and I got sick.  My niece had a deep cough the day we all celebrated together.  I felt her illness and definitely took on what she was carrying, it went right into my lungs.  I began not feeling well the following day.  For close to a week I was coughing and not feeling well, then just after I wrote my previous blog entry, it turned into bronchitis-pneumonia.  I haven’t been sick like that for close to twelve years.  The same amount of time it has been since I took an antibiotic.


For many years now, I have utilized herbal supplements, health food, cleansing, and consciousness as a means to stay healthy in all areas of my life.  Earlier in my life, my immune system was severely compromised, which led me to alternative healing, in short.  Well, I thought I was going to die last week.  I could barely breath--symbolic for sure.


Without going into the story at much length, how is it, my soul deemed itself the transformer for the family?  Ahhh, I know, I have Uranus conjunct Pluto conjunct Venus in Virgo in the fourth house!!!!!!!!!!! with the south node squaring from the sixth house, of Virgo (not to mention Chiron and Saturn in Pisces opposing).


This configuration alone got me to study astrology, to search deeply, endlessly into family of origin issues, to uncover the mysteries of my soul, and to unwind familial lineage patterns (shamanically-energetically).  I am the bearer of the family wound and the healer.


Early on I recognized the dysfunctional addictive patterns in my family, and spoke them aloud, naming the alcoholism.  I felt and knew things that were going to happen, and I could easily see what each family member needed for well-being to occur.  I was a natural-born therapist and a psychic, who needed lots of recovery, therapy and healing to uncover and address my deep seated emotional patterns and issues, rooted in family issues and my soul's.


The fourth house is the home of Cancer, ruled by the Moon, the water element, and is represented by Mother, or the nurturer.  If this house has harmonious planets in it (like Venus or the Moon, or Jupiter), and they are aspected well, one can experience a healthy relationship with their mother, experience emotional security and feel held and nurtured in the home life.  When Pluto is there, it's a whole other story.


In Erin Sullivan's book, The Astrology of Family Dynamics, in chapter ten, The Water Houses:  The Ancestral Eyes of the Soul, she mentions Pluto in the fourth as


The chapter covers each water house--The Twelfth House: The Cosmic Family Soul, The Fourth House: The Ancestral Family of Origin, and The Eighth House: The Ancestral Legacy--Memento Mori.
(I have significant planets in all the water houses, for this post though I'll stick to the topic of the fourth house).


Here's an excerpt from of the beginning of the fourth house section:
...our fourth house is bigger than we think--it is tenanted by family members who have passed on before us and those who have not yet been born.  It is the house of the ancestors and the progeny of our own lives.  The fourth house is the house of greatest personal mystery...like the roots of a great, ancient tree, our own source of deep earthy nourishment and life-blood is underground, hidden and protected fro the light of day.  That roots continue to grow and seek new ground in accord with the sprouting of fresh branches and leaves implies that our ancestral linkage is itself enriched with each new addition to its chain--and with each conscious step forward, we excite the ancestors into new life.


The fourth house is both womb and tomb--it is the fertile source of our own life and harbours the past shrouded in dignified mystery.  We too often pass it off as 'mother' (or father in some cases), 'real-estate' or the address at which we live.  It is all of those but more--it is where we live, where we find life and it is the root of all our longings to be.  It is out of the fourth house that we individuate and become increasingly ourselves.


Yesterday I listened to Kristin Fontana and Patricia Walsh, Evolutionary Astrologers and Deep Memory Process facilitator discuss the Pluto in Virgo generation on Guiding Stars talk radio show (the link is no longer available).


family member with Pluto in the fourth house, as Jeffrey Greenthe connection to the

No comments: