Friday, July 16, 2010

Maryland Earthquake

I didn't sleep well last night and was up very early and meditating. An alarm clock started going off (strange, we don't set them) and I got up and turned it off. When I sat back down I thought an airplane was going to crash in the back yard. Then I thought a massive truck was going down the street, then I knew--it was the earth. She was quaking.

Wow, it was intense, and not even that big on the Richter scale (3.7)! I got on Facebook to see if anyone else felt it and friends confirmed they had felt it too.After talking about it a little, I thought, I guess Mother Earth needs a few chiropractic adjustments. Here's a link to a Washington Post article about it.


I posted this activity on an astrology forum I participate in and here's what astrologer Maurice Fernandez said about it:

We all need to be very careful about accidents during these coming weeks, and then of course seismic activity is to be expected.

Maryland has never had this kind of seismic activity before. Most quakes experienced here did not originate within the state. NY also had one 3 weeks ago.

Funny thing--I was wondering if Maryland had Virgo near the IC (the bottom of the chart, the earth basically)? I've lived here all these years, with Virgo on my IC so I'm biased. I figured out how to bring up the Astro World Map and Mars in Virgo is running right through Maryland and along the entire east coast (and China--don't ask me to explain too complicated). It looks like my instincts were right.Astro World Map.

The reason I point all of this out is, for the rest of the summer the Grand Cross, me and every other astrologer have been writing about all year, is just about exact as Mars in Virgo joins the party these next two weeks! Mars is the planet of action, accidents, war, vitality, vigor. Mars is in the earth sign of Virgo, so please please me mindful about all of your actions. Virgo is mutable earth (changing earth). As we continue to move through now and the next five to seven years lots of changes will occur--not just in the earth, but in our foundational functioning as a collective world (more about this in upcoming post).

Here's link a friend sent me about applying the Triangle of Life vs. Duck and Cover philosophy while in an earthquake.

Additionally, here are dates my good friend, astrologer, Margaret Sweet wrote that correspond to the rest of the summer. The information is meant to be informative, not to scare you. If you are feeling scared, its a good barometer to take action to get grounded, breath and settle into your body. If you don't know how to do this there are many techniques and practitioners who can help you. I do believe we create our reality and I also believe when we are informed beyond the mundane daily news we are more likely to choose from a grounded, integrated and mindful way.

June 7-July 28 Mars in Virgo 
With Mars and Saturn both transiting the health oriented sign of Virgo this month, we are more prone to stress, so it's a good idea to allow for additional rest and pay close attention to the needs of our bodies.  Watch out for self-worth issues being on the rise, along with a tendency toward being overly critical.  

July - mid Sept T-Square  

A T-square pattern comes together this summer which involves Uranus/Jupiter in Aries, Saturn late Virgo/early Libra and Pluto in Capricorn.  This combination can make us feel especially vulnerable in stressful circumstances which have a negative impact upon our psychological wellbeing.  

July 3, 10, 16 and 30/31  

On these dates, the Moon comes up against the planets involved in the T-square mentioned above, bringing our attention to the need to ground ourselves and set clear emotional boundaries with others.

July 26  Saturn/Uranus opposition 

This is the last of six Saturn/Uranus oppositions, which we've experienced since October of 2008.  We may feel the influence of this placement for 10 days prior to and after the exact opposition.

July 30/31  Moon/Mars/Uranus activity 

This combination can create feelings of being extremely erratic and unpredictable, like we've had way too much coffee! Tempers flare more easily and we can feel put upon by others. Challenging political situations, and events which already seem out of control, do not tend to fare well with this challenging combination.  

Making rash judgments while under pressure and especially when "speed, action or technology" is involved, can lead to accidents.

This is a powerful time to be alive--we are change agents for a new world and we can facilitate this process by working with our highest intentions, our most grounded and integrated selves by aligning with our true essence and destiny.

Blessings my Friends.

3 comments:

KoJo said...

I enjoyed reading this Wendy. You have always been a powerful woman and now I see that you have fully integrated that power into your being. It's wonderful to see!

Venus Oracles said...

Thank you so much Jo--my gifts are just now coming forward in a collective way. Once graduation is complete, its full steam ahead.

Hope you come to my graduation party--will let you know when I set the date.

Cute photo by the way!

KoJo said...

I would love to be there. Do keep me posted.